Thursday, May 7, 2009

Singapore American School



At the beginning of the school year I went to a presentation on the Singapore American Schools. This presentation really caught my attention because I would love to be able to travel and teach at the same time. This school gives a great opportunity for American teachers to teach in an abroad situation. All of the students in the school speak English and are in highly competitive classes.

I think this would be a great opportunity for me to do. I would love to travel the world as much as I can when I'm done with college. After getting the opportunity to travel to Norway and Costa Rica last J-term and the fact that I am traveling to South Africa next year I would love to be able to travel somewhere else while doing something I love.

The presenter was very good at keeping everyone intrigued the whole time. The part of the presentation that really made me want to pursue this opportunity was when he described the students as always wanting to learn and go to school. Having students who want to be in school and want to learn, would be great to have since most students do not really want to go to school and learn a lot.

The presenter made it sound really easy to be able to teach abroad and excel at it. He made me really excited to pursue this chance and maybe be able to teach in abroad for some of my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment