Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lost Generation?

After watching the you-tube video called Lost Generation (can be found by clicking here) I'm almost at a loss for words. I think the generation that they are speaking of is our generation. I think they are stating that this is how it could end up if we don't change now. And the reason they made it was to open our eyes so we can change and thus it won't happen.

I think it is really interesting how the director got all the words to work both forwards and backwards. To get the words to fit both ways is an amazing thought to me. The first way the author tells us how the world will be like in 10 years. He says "I realize this may be a shock but 'Happiness comes from within' is a lie, and 'Money will make me happy' So in 30 years I will tell my children they are not the most important thing in my life." I think that the way that the world in focused right now, we could be headed in this direction. Into a world that is even more money driven and focused on yourself and not the rest of the world. To think that this could be a place in which I end up is scary. I cannot think of myself telling my children that they are not the most important thing in my life, and I don't want it to happen. But, in order for it to not happen we (my generation) must make a change, thus changing the world. When the total video is reversed you realize that this makes more sense reversed, and it's the way we want our world to be. In our world our children will be the most important and money makes us happy will be the lie. This is what we want our world to turn into. And, we all need to make the change.

Because, as the video states: "There is hope. It is foolish to presume that my generation i apathetic and lethargic. It will be evident that my peers and I care about this earth." I think that the world in NOT headed in this direction. And it's OUR generations job to take the world out of this downward spiral and to make the earth more important to us, and to make money not be our number one priority anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment