Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chalk



After watching the movie Chalk the last couple Mondays, it has opened my eyes to all of the challenges that we as teachers will have when we become teachers. I've always known that there would be a lot of challenges and hard times for me as a teacher, but this movie opened my eyes to what life as a teacher will be like.

The first biggest challenge I noticed in the movie is the lack of time that you are able to spend at home. The teacher who had the biggest problem with this often only went home to sleep and got up early in the morning to get to school and back to work right away. This scares me that I will not be able to balance a life a school and a family at home. I know that the teacher in this movie did not really balance her life that well. So, when I become a teacher I must remember to keep that balance in check.

Another big challenge that I will face is the opposition of the students. If I teach in a Middle/High School setting I think I will receive a lot of opposition from the students. In the movie Chalk the teachers often had to face opposition from the students, like them using cell phones in class, and just not wanting to learn at all. This opposition is hard to deal with, but as a teacher you need to find a way to get to those students and make them want to learn.

For more information about Chalk please watch this video : Chalk

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all of the challenges you talked about here. Sometimes thinking about all this stuff scares me--especially the issue of trying to balance family and work as a teacher. But hopefully we are getting the education we need to be able to get through all these obstacles!

    ReplyDelete